Tuesday, April 3, 2012

True XOXO: We Scraplift Ourselves!

Yes, XOXO is a scraplift challenge blog. So much fun and I love being a designer. All of the other designers are not only an amazing inspiration, but amazing people to get to know. I am sure any previous guest designers will tell you how fun it is in our private little Facebook group, a spot in which you can win by participating in our monthly challenges. It's fun because all of the ladies on the team are equally fun, but more importantly, seeing the projects they post on a monthly basis are so inspirational. The new ideas and techniques they implant into my creative brain can always pull me out of a mojo-less moment. I love being a Lipstick Chick!!

This month, we were asked to choose one of our fellow teammates to scraplift secretly. **I just said their techniques become implanted into my brain** I knew imMEDiately which layout I wanted to lift. I'd seen Kimmy Jaster post this layout:
 I couldn't get the image of this collection of patterned right triangles placed loosely all around the page out of my head. It was just so amazing. I was waiting for the right picture, the right paper collection, etc. This was it! I had received a deeply discounted American Crafts City Park complete paper collection (the kites, oh, the kites...) and had reached the point in Andraia's album where she was flying a kite at Hilton Park back in April 2008. The stars aligned when the challenge was named, and here she is, a thing of beauty:
 After arranging the triangles cut out of edges of different patterns on the cardstock (this was tough, City Park is a great collection!), I placed the 5X7 photo and added doodles with black Bic MarkIt around the edges. I loved the lines added on Kimmy's, but felt they should be more doodle-y as this is a fun child's layout.
 I decided the Sprinkles Thickers (hard to see the glitter, I know...) needed a doodle as well. "Let's" is K&Co alpha. With all of the patterns going on, I decided the three flowers (AC Beach House paper flowers) were quite enough. I also added a dot of Flamingo Liquid Pearls to the center of each flower.

I was so pleased with the look of this layout, and hope Kimmy is pleased with my interpretation of her amazing layout. Head on over to the XOXO blog and feast your eyes on all the eye candy provided by my fellow DT members. If you want a chance to hang with us in our Facebook group and be our guest designer, go ahead and lift any of the layouts for a chance to do just that. Hope to see your layout in the running!!

xoxo
Khristen

2 comments:

Christa said...

LOve your lift! Looks great...I like the colour combo in your rendition!

Mel said...

wow wow wow!

I so love love love this!
You have turned her wee layout into something of you! I adore the papers you picked and the perfect wee image!
I'm going copy you now heee, love it!
Hugs Melly xxx