Thursday, April 26, 2012

MIA...and an announcement!

Well hello there, long time no blog! Things have been insane around here...planting, softball season, concerts, illnesses...but I'm happy to say I've spent some time in the craft room lately :) I've done a couple of DT creations, of course, but I also did these layouts I thought I would share using the upcoming May Scraptastic kit (which has been revealed over on their blog, go check it out!) I couldn't resist getting both kids this month. They are amazing, and coordinate with one another almost perfectly.
 Everything you see on this page is from the Faded Jeans kit. I especially love that blue circle at the bottom! So cool, and there are three of them :)
 See what I mean? The texture of the circle is what kills me here. LOVE.

 This was also made with the Faded Jeans kit. I decided to cut a sheet of the patterned paper into a giant banner to mat my photos on, and then I took a plain white tag included in the kit and cut it into a banner as well, altering the hell out of it.

 See the awesome tag-turned-banner? I started inking it with some Tim Holtz distress ink in Pumice, and proceeded to "screw it up" with some brown inkadinkadoo ink... I didn't like it at all. Never fear, Glimmer Mist to the rescue! Now it looks great! I added some MME Miss Caroline stamps from the April stamp kit from Scraptastic in subtle SEI charcoal chalk box ink. Can you see the diamond pattern there? love it all. tied that cute little star on top and it was good to go.
 Hard to make out the yellow Liquid Pearls down the sides of the banner, and there's the pretty yellow twine at the bottom, both in the kit.
 See the diamonds and sparkle?

It felt good to scrap again. It had been a while! I am finishing up the last of my DT assignments for the first of the month (one of them is a handpainted background cardstock, wait until you see it! I love how it turned out...makes me look like a pro painter :) )

As for my announcement...after much scrambling around and refusals from many family members and friends, I have procured a sitter for tomorrow as I was asked to help demonstrate Spectrum Noir markers for Crafter's Companion at CKC in Manchester on Friday and Saturday!! So exciting, can't wait! If you are in the Manchester, NH area and feel like swinging by to try out the best markers in quality and price, c'mon down and say hi :)

I will post again soon, probably pictures from CKC :) Hope to see you there!

xoxo
Khristen

1 comment:

melsanford said...

Such lovely layouts! I love the fab colours :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx