Wednesday, April 4, 2012

CSI Case File #12

The deadline for this challenge is over, but I still needed to share as I just love how this layout turned out. I checked out a new challenge site, CSI (which stands for color, stories, and inspiration.) It's pretty neat...they give you a color scheme to work with, and the coolest part: they offer a group of digital elements that can be printed out. What's so cool about that? Well, it makes it a whole lot easier to choose papers to coordinate from your collection. We all know how computer screens can display color differently, and then when you try to translate it into papers in your own collection...well, it's just nice as these elements take the guesswork out of "does this shade go along with the color scheme?" Not only must you keep to the color scheme, you also must choose a few items from a list of embellies/techniques and include journaling on your layout (which is where I went wrong here, I forgot to include the journaling!! Can you say "disqualified?" Oh well. There's always the next challenge!)

Here's what I came up with. It was a monochromatic greenish blueish layout, and I loved putting it together! The awesome hot air balloon elements were included in those provided by CSI along with the words affixed to the corner/bottom of the photo. TCW chicken wire mask with Seven Seas Chalkboard Glimmer Mist. Carribean Twinery twine. Prima flower. October Afternoon Farmhouse banner/word stickers and a long strip of paper cut into a banner. Pencil doodles around the photo, a last minute addition I'm glad I thought of...it really completes the layout and brings the grey color that was in the color scheme into the layout nicely.




 The stars were elements from the provided digis, and I coated them with a thin layer of Icicle Glimmer Glaze.

That's it! I'm hoping to get into the craft room to create a couple of layouts (one of them being the next CSI Case File) but have a lot of work to do today...four articles due by tomorrow which I should get started on today, and craft club this afternoon. I decided the kids work better with a project that is involved, so we're weaving paper baskets for Easter. Yes, that means I must cut a bazillion strips of paper prior to heading to the school (which I'm sure will be so very much fun...there are roughly 25 kids in the club! That's a lot of strips!)

Hope you all can get crafty today :) Have a great day!

xx
Khristen

3 comments:

MagsB said...

Those colours are so pretty! I love the cute hot air balloons, too!

I hope you've had a great crafty day with the kids!

love Mags B x

Stacy H-W said...

LOVE this layout!! So pretty. I love the masking. How did craft club go?? Get the baskets made?
Happy Easter!!!

Mel said...

OMG!
Sweetie this is awesome! The colours are totally fab and I adore all the elements!
I so know what you mean about things looking different until its in your hand! It sounds fab wee site! Hmm might have to check that out lol!
Hugs melly xx