I know, I know...I said my biggest goal this year was to focus on my business, and make tons of stuff to sell, in turn completing less challenges. Well, I just can't help it. I love challenges!
My son toddled down to my room at 12:30am, telling me he needed to sleep with me (if you read my post from last night, you may recall how exhausted I was, and did not appreciate this sleep interruption.) I allowed him to clamber into bed, just to save myself from getting out of bed to bring him upstairs, and boy am I glad I did. He started to cough after about 5 minutes of tossing and turning, and I could hear his little belly gurgling...and got him off of the bed onto the hardwood floor, just in time for him to throw up everywhere (but hey, that's why I put him down on the floor...better than my bed, much easier to clean!) So after clean up, he laid down beside me and we both drifted off, making it through the night without further incident.
What does that story have to do with anything crafty, you are probably asking yourself? Well, I have created a little ***schedule*** of sorts to help me achieve my goal. I figure if I treat it like a *real* job, I'll be more successful. I took Patryk upstairs to play around 9:30 this morning, and began my *shift.* After completing 4 cards, I wondered why I hadn't heard from him in a while...here it is, 10:15am, and he's passed out cold. It kind of screws up the afternoon for him, but I wasn't about to wake him! Of course, this just meant I had to be a little more quiet...so rather than cut out the cards with my paper trimmer (that has been known to wake him when I get lazy and let go of the guide too soon and it slams down on the table), I took a blank sheet of cardstock and set to work on the Colorful Creations "big picture" challenge. It wasn't really a challenge for me, as I work with 5X7's all the time. The challenge was finding a way to do the layout and NOT use paper, thus eliminating the need to use the trimmer.
Here is the result, and I'd have to say it worked out well!
My own recipe of pink mist (again using the pink/blue Pearl Ex powder), random stash ribbon, MM epoxy brad, green leaf pin received in an RAK, Imaginisce white pearls attached with my I-Rock. The title was done by spraying the mist over a mask plastic alpha pieces placed on the page. I removed them when it was dry for future use, and doodled the letters to make them stand out. That triangle piece over the photo is from my local natural foods store, in the bulk section. I make my own granola bars, and thus buy a lot of oats, nuts, and dried fruit. These are the twist ties that go on the bags, and I had to find another use for them. Here, I altered it by cutting off the twisty part, leaving the label area, and cutting it to look like an interesting file folder tab and spraying with more mist. Love how this came out, and I didn't have to cut a single sheet of paper or dig a spare scrap out of the box!
Here's the card I made 4 of. I brushed acrylic paint on my rubber stamp, outlined it all in black pen, and used blue Stickles for the pupil of the owl eyes. Simple, quick, and easy (but messy.) Hoping they sell well!