Friday, March 11, 2011

XOXO Scraplift time!!!

Good evening all, I'd like to say today worked out the way I wanted to, but it just didn't. (Does anything at all go right this week? No. It doesn't.) But, I'm here with the XOXO scraplift challenge, so that makes it a little better :)

The challenge was delayed a bit as things were crazy, but we're back on track and extending the deadline, giving you until April 5th to submit your lift. Awesome stuff!

Anywho, here's my layout, which if you chose to lift would really make my bad week so much better *wink wink* hahaha...but head on over and check out all of the Lipstick Chick's layouts. There are some amazing creations, but how can there not be when you have such a talented group of scrappers all together on the same DT?
This is my Andraia who is now 11 (where did the time go?), in her pre-Justin Bieber obsession days...her first visit with the Easter bunny back in 2000. The background behind the bunny was an odd color, throwing this whole layout off, so I took a chance and sanded it (after scanning it, *duh*), producing this pinkish color that went along with the other colors way better than the blue it was beforehand did.
Webster's goodness, just love how this paper provided me with half of my title :) Punched flowers. Awesome floral metal frame and gold charms, too, which I almost forgot I had until I cleared out my older stuff. I had to make the Stickles hearts AND cover the letters with some too, of course. The tulle was an afterthought that worked out oh so well :) The vintage baby shoe sticker has been waiting for the right page, and I'm happy with it having a home on this page. Seriously, I've been hanging on to that thing since I bought it off ebay back in 1999! (I'm now fighting to keep Prince from singing that song in my head!!!!!) The scale and animal image on the left side is part of the paper I cut with my Exacto, overlapping it as I just couldn't hide it behind stuff! There's a cute oval stamp, procured from the dollar stamp bin at Michael's, that says "thanks" in the middle, I just inked the oval doodle thingy and embossed it.
Well, there you have it. Head on over to the XOXO challenge blog and find some inspiration...there are plenty of us on the DT, so I'm sure you will find something that screams "LIFT ME!" You're playing for another fabby Candy Shoppe Designs prize, a sister site of XOXO. Hope to see you there! Have a great night!

No comments: