Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Little Bit Oriental Gift Box

Good morning! I hope everyone is enjoying their Wednesday thus far (and no, I'm not going to start getting all "HUUMMPPPP DAAAAAAAAAAAAY!" on y'all).

Today, I plan to get a lot of craftiness accomplished! Ornaments for the shop, Christmas cards, and maybe even a scrapbook page or two! I have some scrapbook pages to share that I just haven't had the time to post, but before I get to those I wanted to show off a gift box I made with the new Sheena's A Little Bit Oriental - Sakura EZ Mount stamp set and coordinating Cherry Branch embossing folder. I love these stamps, just as much as I love Sheena!

After cutting, scoring, folding, and assembling my box from Luxury Centura Pearl 16X16 paper (the only real choice for boxes -- it's so strong and thick, and makes sturdy, reliable boxes), I went crazy with Sheena!

 A sheet of grey cardstock serves as the base, inked around the edges with Espresso Truffle Memento ink, the same ink used to stamp the tree and sentiment on Ultra Smooth Premium White 8X10 cardstock. My Spectrum Noir pens (PP2, PP3, PP5) were used to color the tree. I found a coordinating sheet of cardstock to mount it on, and three brads to add a little something extra to the rectangle. I then embossed and sanded a sheet of black Coredinations cardstock, and adhered it all to the box using Extra Strong Adhesive Tape Runner.
Isn't it so pretty? And I love having this pretty box on hand for a special gift!

Head to the Crafter's Companion store to get your hands on these lovely Sheena stamps and coordinating embossing folders and papers. Check out the redesigned third generation Spectrum Noir pens (which I LOVE), and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to see all of the fabulousness our DT creates. In a few days, I'll be sharing our latest challenge, you won't want to miss it!

xoxo
Khristen

No comments: