Monday, March 5, 2012

A couple of Scraptastic layouts

Just a quick post before I head to bed that doesn't involve DT work! The February Scraptastic Club kit arrived this month and I LOVE IT! So fun...it's filled with Authentique goodness in the form of teal, black, red, and white. *drool* It is a must-have collection for sure!

**DISCLAIMER: I didn't realize that the titles of these would be almost identical...it has been crazy busy, and I did one page on Saturday and one on Sunday, not even thinking. The kicker: I chronologically scrap, and these pages go one after the other in my oldest daughter's album. *shudder* **

 I just love these papers (and these pictures!) Anyone who knows my girls knows how off the wall and outgoing they are. This is back when they got along for the most part. Those days are long gone (although it's getting a little better.)
 I used the red Perfect Pearls that came in the kit (LOVE) to put centers in the Recollections flowers, as well as doing some things to the title area (all the product of a glorious mistake :) !!)
 That's striped washi tape included in the kit with pretty flowery washi tape I had in my stash in staggered heights to create the bottom border. Twinery charcoal twine and aqua twine included in the kit tied around the bottom with a great Authentique flower (coated in Glossy Accents, of course.) Nice.
 Here's that upper portion, almost like curtains on a stage. 3 patterns altogether, 2 pieces of the patterned paper used total (well, not whole pieces, but I bet you follow me.) More Perfect Pearls to accentuate the separation in patterns, another sticker with Glossy Accents at the top. When I did the Perfect Pearls across the bottom, I decided to adhere the sticker, and wouldn't you know I got my hand in it. It was RUINED, as if you've used Perfect Pearls you know it's hard to manipulate back into place. With Stickles, you can take a scrap piece of paper and push it back in line. Not so with this medium, but I had an idea. I used my scrap paper and dragged it through, back and forth and up and down, creating the messy red line you see which I have grown to love :) The texture up close and personal is nice. The pics just don't do it justice. I added some Glossy Accents around the title on a whim and I really like the drips down the bottom. I think it's the reaction of the mediums to each other (they were both wet, I am not a patient "wait for it to dry" person.)
 More Glossy Accents on the border here, all of the red circles were covered in it.

So the last page title was "so happy together," and here's "So happy" which I made first. I am so mad at myself for doing this, but I love both pages so I can't go back now! I am always amazed at how my daughter Andraia handles situations. Even if everything in her world has gone wrong, she has the most positive outlook on life and just tries to make the best of everything. I don't think anything has made her upset for more than a minute or two. If only that were me...I decided to use this picture from Rileigh's 7th birthday party showcasing her happy side.
 More Authentique fun, and I started with black Smooch spritz not included with the kit on the top. I fussy cut the top corner of the page off so all that remained was the banner and dots (what a great page design, ready to go right away!) and also cut a slit by the hot air balloon to slide the picture into which I used my corner rounder on.
 Used a great Authentique sticker on the photo and a piece of washi tape in the kit on the upper corner. The awesome Whisker Graphics bag holds the journaling tag (they though of everything in this kit and included tags of varying sizes! Awesome!) I used the negative of the "O" in the title (Cosmo Cricket blackboard chipboard alpha) for the circle on the bag, complete with a Perfect Pearls heart with an Imaginisce I-roc pearl in the center. Authentique people sticker which is just so freakin great. Love this line!
 Washi from my stash, more Perfect Pearls across it...
 ...as well as on the Cosmo Cricket alpha.

Hidden journaling, for which I will cut a slit in the page protector offering easy access without removing the page. Twinery charcoal twine as a pull.

Ok, now I'm tired. Patryk is sick so I'm sure I'll be up a couple of times tonight. I hope you all have a great night, and head over to check out this kit...it is a must-have for sure!

xx
Khristen

4 comments:

Julie said...

Fabulous pages!!

Madeline said...

Awesome pages! Love how you used the washi tape!

Heather Landry said...

I love the lines on these pages and I think the titles work together well. Like the song! Most people probably wouldn't notice unless you pointed it out. You did an AMAZING job with the kit.

Mitralee said...

enjoyed this page quite a lot! I learned a lot too about washi tape!! your flower border popped my eyes out.