Tuesday, November 15, 2011

what a day...

Today started out great, and up until it was time to pick up Rileigh at school...then it kind of went downhill. All of my running around is over though, and despite missing the person who was supposed to get one of the boys I bring home after kindergarten by mere minutes, the crisis was averted and I got him home. All of the road construction around the highway in our town delayed my arrival back home to get the twins back to their mom on time, but now they are gone too. Thankfully, a friend brings Rileigh to and from band practice across town, so I can now stay home. *phew*

I wasn't able to play in the craft room today, but I wanted to share these cards I made with a friend this weekend. They will end up being mailed to friends/family on my Christmas card list :)

This first one features Bo Bunny papers, buttons, and Santa brad and MM Fa La La trim. Burgandy ink, Imaginisce iRock green bling and distressed edges thanks to my Heidi Swapp edge distresser.




Last year's leftover Christmas papers worked nicely here, MME glitter papers. The sentiment is an Imaginisce acrylic stamp. Twinery twine. MM ribbon and glass beads that are gorgeous :)


This is my friend's rubber stamp, embossed with red powder, colored with some alcohol ink markers, and MME Christmas papers to finish it off.


That's all for today! Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to make a bit more for the shop (like finish that Family album!) Until then, I must now go give a friend a ride to work (got the call in the middle of this post...I jinxed myself saying I was done for the day!)

xx
Khristen

3 comments:

MagsB said...

These have such a great shabby chic vibe! I love the red sentiments, so bright and Christmassy! I hope tomorrow is a lot more peaceful for you, today sounds like a nightmare!

luv, Mags x

Stacy H-W said...

These are all so cute!! I love how you did the ribbon down on that first card. I love the old timey feel of it. It is great to get to use some of your last years xmas paper supply. I know I have a ton of it left over because I have an addiction to xmas paper!! LOL
On your third card I LOVE the way you did those jewels!! Super cool!
TGIF!! hugs, Stacy

Mel said...

Aww honey! What a pain that can be with the roadworks and causing havoc to your schedule!
Your cards are just stunning! The papers are all lush and I adore all the wee added details including them gems hee
Hugs M xxx