Tuesday, November 1, 2011

OMG is it really November?

Ok, so this month just slipped through my fingers...and here we are in November! I did so many great layouts last month, and I'll start my MANY MANY blog posts with the non-DT related projects!

This page features some great colors from The Twinery. I'm ecstatic to have won their sampler pack, which includes EVERY SINGLE ONE of the colors they offer :) There are some yummy colors in there! This layout is on a kraft background, and uses three yummy colors of twine. I used white and black acrylic paint mists (of course, my own recipe) to create an interesting journal space. SEI teal alpha, Doodlebug black alpha, Pink Paislee white alpha covered in black stickles, and white foam Thickers. Scenic Route arrow. MME candy dots paper for photo mat. Kaisercraft black pearls. AC black jute.
This was one of my absolute favorite nights, despite driving an hour away from home in a car with no heat on -20 degree night! Patryk was a mere 2 weeks old, and slept through the whole thing, allowing me to really enjoy Rileigh's wonder and excitement. What kid DOESN'T feel this way riding the Polar Express?




Hereis a page featuring the Scraptastic October Kit, Witching Hour. I just had to do a non-Halloween themed layout, and chose these pics of Rileigh getting her face painted up like the dog her father won her at the Rochester Fair in 2007. These are MME papers, MLS and Doodlebug alphas, Stickles from the September Too Cool for School kit, and Kaisercraft flowers. The twine, from The Twinery, and orange MLS alphas were not in this kit and from my stash.




Here's a gorgeous holiday box made using a repurposed clementine box (something I had seen out there in bloggy land, but just can't put a finger on where I'd seen it, although in all honesty I had thought of this idea before seeing it, as evidenced by the number of these boxes I have saved for the past year and a half waiting for the inspiration to hit me! I think hubby was starting to question my "repurposing"...I think he would call it "hoarding"...) I won the Father Christmas paper collection from Bo Bunny last month and felt it would be great for this Christmas gift box.

I started out by painting the box with black acrylic paint, and then set to work adhering paper to it. Petaloo flower. MM Fa La La trim.




There you have it, some of what I've been up to. I have a few more cards but can't share them with you as I've just been trying to stay ahead of the game before turkey day and Christmas! I know how busy I'll be, and am thankful to be all caught up (for now...)

So I'm off to write a few more posts and share some DT goodness with you. Hope your Halloween was fantastic...here's my crew prior to trick or treat (which we had to do in the SNOW! First time in my life I've seen snow on Halloween! We got just over a foot of the wet, heavy white stuff! Typical New England, you never know what to expect!)

No comments: