Friday, November 16, 2012

XOXO Challenge #36: The Stashiest Challenge!

Stashiest? Yes. I said that. And if you're saying "HEY! You already posted an XOXO challenge for the month!" Yes, I did, but we are going to start posting a SECOND layout to inspire you from now on. Yay!

So back to my awesome made up word: this time we want to see how you use your old supplies, a.k.a. stash. We all have one, and if you've been doing this for a long time, well...your stash is probably suffocating you (I know mine is!) That's why I loved this challenge! When you start using kits and collection packs, you have everything you need right there. Everything matches, and it becomes super easy to throw a layout together in record time. However, what about all of the other stuff you have? Show us a layout that uses up your stash for a chance to be a guest designer (which you totally want, because we are totally awesome and fun to hang out with in our super-secret Facebook group!)

*drum roll* Here is mine, a long overdue picture-less layout for Patryk's album recording his stats at 9 months old:
 I started with this fun Sassafrass Apple Jack paper that I've had for over a year. All the patterned papers come from this collection, as well as the journal box. From there, I added quite a bit of randomness from every single square inch of my stash.
 The star strip came from the paper itself, cut away from the bottom, and above it I adhered a piece of Colorbok printed twill (3 years old). I thought the rub on, a DCWV doodle from about 4 years ago, was a good addition.
 The title is small, printed with my Dymo label writer I have had since the late 90's, on red tape.
 I had painted up this Stuff2Scrap chipboard with red acrylic paint over a year ago, but decided it didn't fit with the layout I had intended it for. It's been sitting on my desk ever since, and I figured it was time to use it! Above it is a Christy Tomlinson She Art rubon I bought a year ago but hadn't used yet.
 On the Sassafrass journal spot I used a combination of Jillibean (the numbers), Stickabilities (Scrabble tile stickers from around 2000), and Cosmo Cricket alphas, as well as some MME tickets leftovers from a kit purchased last year.
 If you remember Magic Mesh, you've been scrapping a long time...and I have a lot of it. Here is some red Magic Mesh (surprisingly still sticky after 11 years!) and some Magic Scraps Coastal Netting adhered with Recollections brads (and the netting is just as old as the Magic Mesh!) The saying is from a DCWV vellum quote stack and the "bigger" sticker is from American Traditional Designs (now Momenta.) It might be hard to see, but there are more DCWV doodle rub ons, stars, on top of the mesh. The saying is stapled to the page, and random staples are added to the Coastal Netting.
 MM Charmed Enamel for the blue circle, Recollections yellow brad, and a metal hangar I've had for a long time.
 Don't you just love that coastal netting?
 The checklist is an MME The Sweetest Thing die cut, another kit leftover, and the rub on is another She Art beauty. They are both on top of a Rusty Pickle (another awesome manufacturer from back in the day) file folder, also featuring staples.
The word "treasure" is a 7 Gypsies rub on.

Do you like it? I love picture-less layouts as they really allow you to get creative with your stash, as well as use up a lot of it! Do you do picture-less layouts? Will you try them now that you see how fun they are?

Head over to True XOXO to see what the other awesome designers have come up with, and don't forget to play along for your chance to guest design for us!

xoxo
Khristen

No comments: