Wednesday, October 3, 2012

CCCB October Challenge: Fall Colors

Good morning! I am finding it tough to believe it is actually October! Where did this year go? It seems each year flies by faster than the last, and I don't like it one bit!!

A new month means a new challenge over at the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog. This month,  we want to see your projects using a Crafter's Companion stamp paired with fall colors. It was my father's birthday in September, so I pulled out my Stamp It Australia - Flowing Happy Birthday stamp. I love the script font of this sentiment, so pretty! What to pair it with? Well, I pulled out my Fairyopolis Complete Cardmaking kit, something I've been working with for almost 2 years and it still has SO MUCH STUFF!! I came across the adorable decoupage fairy, the Autumn fairy Rosehip, and knew it was a perfect match with the Lilybee Harvest Market paper I chose. Pumpkin Spice Mister Huey made a great card base, paired with Old Paper Tim Holtz Distress ink around the edges of not only the base, but all the paper pieces as well.
 I love these decoupage pieces! I am going to have to get my hands on the Morehead Christmas Decoupage Set very soon for my Christmas cards, they really take a card from great to WOW in an instant! Of course, if you are doing the decoupage, it is necessary to pick up the Collall 3D Glue Gel Kit...it keeps the pieces layered the way you want them, and sticks them in place securely.
Of course, with a dimensional image, I felt it necessary to pop the sentiment up as well with some adhesive foam circles.


I hope my dad liked his card, as I hope you do too! I want to see your creations over at the Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog, this month the prize is pretty awesome: your choice of 2 six packs of Spectrum Noir markers! Pure awesomeness!
Click HERE on the photo to Join In On This Month's Challenge

What are you waiting for? Head on over and enter your project today, and check out the cards the DT has done for this. Hope your day is crafty :)

xoxo
Khristen

No comments: