Friday, August 17, 2012

Hello, crafty strangers!

It has been forEVER since I last posted. I have good reasons though: I'm trying to squeeze every last drop out of summer before it ends in a few weeks, not to mention stuck with ANOTHER sinus infection. Damn pollen.

We were on vacation, staying in Grand Isle, VT on Lake Champlain last week, and had so much fun! Here are a few highlights, and then I have the first layout I've done in a loooooong time to show off, so stick with me here. Lots of great pics from vacation!

 Grand Isle, farmland gorgeousness.
 Playing Headbanz in the camper after a day of fun and excitement!
 Gorgeous Andraia, growing up too fast!
 Hubby hates having his picture taken.
 Patryk watching his dad load a marshmallow on his stick.
 Rileigh the goofball!
 Fishing at Rousse's Point

 Wandering around Fort Ticonderoga

 Fun at the Echo Aquarium and Science Center


LOVED this mosaic embedded in a Burlington sidewalk!

 Wandering the banks of Lake Champlain at the Grand Isle Campground we stayed at.

 Not only did he catch his very first fish ever, Patryk caught the first fish of the trip out of the whole entire family!
 Enjoying dinner at one of our favorite Italian restaurants!
 Me being goofy at Cabot's :)

Ok...back to reality, and back to the craft table! I made this soon after returning, playing with the August Scraptastic Barn Door kit for the first time :) It was generously sent by an anonymous person, hearing that I was too broke to buy a kit this month. Hubby's birthday took a lot out of our budget, not to mention vacation! It was so sweet, and I cannot wait until I have the opportunity to pay it forward.

Everything except the Glimmer mist, ribbons at the bottom, silver Liquid Pearls, and light blue twine came from the kit. It is also a patterned paper-less layout!
 To make the Glimmer Mist rectangle under the file folder, I used the negative of the folder off the die cut sheet as a stencil of sorts. It was my intention the tab part of the folder would be visible, but of course the pics covered it up. Oh well, still looks cool! I used the brown Liquid Pearls and silver LP from a past kit underneath, and outlined the rectangle in black pen. I also thought the Studio Calico butterfly looked a little boring on the folder, so I added the silver Liquid Pearls here as well. I scored the folder with my Crafter's Companion Ultimate Tool, and adhered it with staples, making it a perfect hidden journaling element. Inked the edges of the ticket, file folder, and sentiment hidden underneath the folder with black ink.
 That fun chevron ribbon is American Crafts Amy Tangerine ribbon. I snagged a clearance pack of 24 of these spools a while back, and thought they matched too well with the kit!
 The two colors of twine, as well as a light blue I had in my stash, were braided and stapled to the top of the layout.


 What's hiding under the file folder...
There you have it! I was *supposed* to be going to an event for one of my Arbonne homies, but alas I have no sitter and hubby's schedule has changed. Booooo. Oh well, there's always the next event! Instead, I will probably head back to the craft area. It's been too long! The kids all go to school on the 29th, even Patryk, who tested into FULL DAY kindergarten a year early (there are benefits to being a former preschool teacher!) Watch Khristen's Craft Room take off before your very eyes, not to mention the Arbonnizing (yes, I just made that word up, what of it?) of our area :) I plan to kick my businesses to the next level and cannot wait to have the opportunities presented to me when all 3 kids are in school. It's like a dream come true!

Hopefully posting more tomorrow. As for tonight, I'm off to get crafty!!

xoxo
Khristen

1 comment:

Stacy H-W said...

What a fun vacation!! Do you own a camper or did you rent one?? I took my kids and my mom on a vacay to the lake in our camper and we had a blast! Thanks for sharing your vacay photos. And this layout is beautiful!! And I love the photos of you. Beautiful! hugs!