Sunday, May 1, 2011

Momenta product review

If you are looking for the current Dream Valley challenge, click here.

For this month's Crafter's Companion Challenge Blog challenge, click here.

I have been meaning to post this, but every time I tried up until today, something would happen to pull me away from the computer. I think this lazy Sunday is just what I need to get this post done!

A while back, I received Momenta's new Design Your Own Stickers in the mail. It seemed like a great product, but I just didn't have the time available to check it out. Boy, am I glad I finally got around to it! Momenta is a company from my home state, formerly American Traditional Designs. I have driven by the corporate headquarters on many a drive, my house is probably a mere 30 minutes away. I dream of one day working there :) HA.

For the layout featured here, I used item ST-4522. It's quite simple to make these stickers your own, and I'm going to walk you through it step by step.

Head over to the web address listed on the package (www.mymomenta.com.) Choose the appropriate template (in this case, ST-4522). Then comes the fun part: making the stickers your own. There are THOUSANDS of possiblities here, as you can choose from colors or premade patterns. You can even download the template and use your own photos or images if you have Photoshop or a similar photo manipulation program! They also include a selection of stickers that feature multiple colors/patterns which all coordinate with one another.

I was using Cosmo Cricket papers for this one, the Jack's World collection (Blankey and Playtime, more specifically) and loved that I could make stickers for my title to perfectly match my papers. I had a hard time deciding, but used this red/pink design. I'll also have you know that the color that shows on your computer screen is exactly what you get. I was worried about that, but it all worked out for the best :) *whew* After your design is chosen, print away! It's that easy!

To assure proper printing, they include two test sheets, which I intend to use for more letters LOL I just love torturing myself with fussy cutting (and I'm addicted to the ease with which my pages can come together when I control what is on my letter stickers!)

Another thing I wondered: as I'm using my own printer, will the colors bleed if you get them glue-y? Answer: NO! I used some Diamond Stickles around the letters to test this. I predicted that if it was going to happen, the colors would change around the edges of the letters. As you can see, this did not occur.

This is a fantastic product! Can't wait to play with the other designs I've printed out!

Featured at the top of the page: embellishments from American Traditional Designs I've had in my stash for a couple of years (they just recently changed their name to Momenta), from their Welcome, Baby Boy collection. That butterfly up there is a fabric sticker accented with Stickles, as is the sun sticker. That's my little guy (who's 3.5 now, not so little anymore) on his first outing to the beach.

Daisy Hill circle epoxy sticker and MM word stickers that have been in my stash waaaay too long.

So I would highly recommend this product, especially if you live somewhere far away from a supply store. VERY cool product, well worth the money!

3 comments:

Jamie Lane Designs said...

So happy you are enjoying the Design Your Own Stickers! Your layout is super cute, love how you grouped the words in the corner!

Mel said...

Ohhhh!
This is fab!
I love this idea with those fabby stickers! Amazing sweetie!
Hugs melly xxx

Laura Evangeline said...

I love that picture! So so so cute!!! :-)