Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The end of softball season, the beginning of my life as I knew it...

Ah, spring...the birds are singing, the sun is bringing to life the flowers and trees, and the sounds of softball season fill my nights. Unfortunately, with all that I do outside, I don't get a lot of crafty time inside. I have so much to do out there! There are the flower beds to tend to, and the veggie garden to prepare, not to mention windows to wash and kids to play with! Softball season is the real hassle, although I really enjoy watching the girls play. I just hate those rushed nights, flying through homework and throwing food down the kids throats so we are not late to the game, so you can imagine my excitement that the season has come to an end! They finished out the season as the #3 team in the league (way to go girls!)

Yesterday was the first day in the craft room for a long time. I had been really stressed as of late, so it was nice to get my creative release! I usually do what I call a "warm up layout" to get myself back into the scrappin' groove, but this time I just jumped right in and completed a layout for a challenge on sketches4all, which felt fantastic. I took a sketch that used strips of paper, and decided to use ribbon instead, as the background paper I had chosen was pretty "busy." I love how it turned out!


Background paper: We R Memory Keepers paper pad, Teen Angst
Ribbon: random scraps from my stash
Rub on "Family" on photo: DCWV Rub-on Doodles, Daydream in white
Random paper clip

So here's to a summer filled with time for scrapping! I'm hoping to post some tutorials with examples on different techniques, let's all try something new together!


No comments: