Friday, May 9, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Card

Good afternoon! I have a moment in my crazy busy week, and thought I would share what I created for my son's wonderful teacher. She has a lot on her plate with a class full of first graders, and I wanted her to remember what a big role she plays in Patryk's life. 
Isn't that pretty? I used my Ultimate Tool to score and trim the accordion card, and decorated it with Crate Paper's Fourteen line. My Fiskars hexagon punch jazzed up the blue cardstock panels that are hidden on the back when the card is opened up, kind of like patchwork, and it is covered in Studio Calico wood shapes and MME enamal dots.


Now, onto the inside of the card. The stamp and sentiment, inked on the edges with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, are from the S.W.A.L.K. EZ Mount stamp set Best Teacher from Crafter's Companion, colored with my Spectrum Noir pens (that I didn't think to note for all of you wondering how I colored her up!) I had my son write a message on a sheet of white paper and inked the edges of that as well.


Because the image sticks out beyond the edge of the fold, I needed to do something to the back of it. I added a strip of paper and black Liquid Pearls. Perfect finishing touch!

I hope she loves her card, and realizes how much she means to Patryk! What did you do for your child's teachers?

xoxo
Khristen

No comments: