Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Shaving Cream Technique, Take 2

Good afternoon! It feels like it has been ages since I shared a project with you. I have taken on a new writing job for a web hosting company, and it is quite intensive. Now that I've settled into a nice rhythm with the daily deadlines, I have time to share this cute little card I made last week.

Remember my shaving cream and reinker technique post? Well, I finally received more reinker colors. I am now crazy in love with this super simple technique! For the actual technique instructions, head to this post here to see what you'll need and what to do. After I was done swirling my inks in the shaving cream and applying it to the paper, this is what I ended up with:

 Pretty cool, huh? I used Distress ink reinkers Peeled Paint, Antique Linen, and Stormy Sky on this project. When it was dry, I affixed it with tape runner to the card which had been sprayed with Iridescent Spray & Sparkle. I love that stuff! I thought a simple stamp would be best, so I pulled out my Humphrey's Corner - Humphrey unmounted stamp set which I've placed on EZ Mount Foam, stuck it on my Rock-A-Blocks, and inked the flower in the vase and "Thinking of you" sentiment with Memento Rich Cocoa ink.
 
 See all that sparkle? Patina Stickles were a great touch to outline the inked backing paper, and a pretty piece of ribbon under the sentiment screamed out to me to be included :)

The flower was colored with my Spectrum Noir pens: LG2 for the stem, CT2 for the flower center, and IB1 for the water in the vase.

I hope you like it, and that you'll give this shaving cream technique a try. Watch the Crafter's Companion Facebook page for sneak peeks of our soon-to-be-released Frou Frou stamp set (which I will be showing off this weekend! They are so pretty!) Don't miss all the fun, head over and like us to stay in the loop if you don't already!

xoxo
Khristen

No comments: