Saturday, March 6, 2010

Welcome!

My name is Khristen, and I created this blog to share my love of all things crafty! Maybe my work will inspire someone to create something of their own. I am a SAHM mom of 3 - 2 girls (10 and 7) and a boy (2) - with a wonderful hard-working husband. I have been crafting in general since I was a little girl. My grandmother was very crafty and loved taking me to the craft store to pick up a new project, and I loved learning all sorts of new things. I painted, knitted, cross-stitched, made suncatchers, painted ceramics, and all sorts of other fun projects - but the one thing that I ended up loving the most is scrapbooking. She taught me in 2nd grade how to place pictures and memorabilia in an album (of course, NOT acid free paper *GASP*!) with scotch tape, and I had a pretty big album going. After college, when pregnant with my 1st daughter 10 years ago, I discovered the world of scrapbooking as we know it today. I couldn't believe my eyes - pretty papers, stickers, and ribbons to decorate the pages with! Today, there is even more than ever before, a world of amazing embellishments and tools to make truly gorgeous works of art. Lately, however, I have found that my time for this wonderful craft is limited. With the kids and a hubby who works 3rd shift, it has been hard to sit myself down at the craft desk. There is always a chore to be done or an appointment to keep. How is a busy mom supposed to sit down to get her crafting "me-time?" Recently, it has been to find a decent scrapbook group online, one with many fun challenges. When you see others scrapping and completing fun challenges, sketch or product, it motivates you to participate. Well, that's what this blog is for. If you like my work, come back and take a peek every so often, and my hope is that it will motivate you to create something yourself. I hope to stay motivated daily to sit down and make something. It is the ultimate de-stresser, isn't it? I always feel better after a round with my glue and scissors! Thanks for stopping by. I will try to list all products used, but I have paper dating back to 1999, so it is a little hard in some cases. Hope you like my layouts! :)

This first one is my favorite, and of course, I don't have the info for the paper. The ribbon was given to me by a friend cleaning out her scrap supplies, so again, no maker there either. The metal slide on the ribbon and word stickers: MM. My scanner made the ribbon look crooked...grrrr!

No comments: